Entice by Carrie Jones (Manali's Review)

Entice (Need, #3)Entice by Carrie Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

SO this book was quite a bit better than the previous ones. Also, I'm extremely happy that Nick and Zara and kinda not a couple anymore, because I really like Zara with Astley. I think they're brilliant together. So here is the synopsis:

Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together for ever. But that's not quite how things have worked out. For starters, Nick has gone. He has been taken to the mythical place for warriors known as Valhalla. Zara and her friends might be able to get him back, it's just not going to be easy. Meanwhile a group of evil pixies is devastating Bedford, with more teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent, and the good guys need all the warriors they can find. But even if Zara and her friends do discover the route to Valhalla, there's that other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to go with her? Especially since she hasn't turned into just any pixie... She's Astley's queen.


Okay. SO let me just start of with this: I liked this book better, because there was less Nick. I hate Nick. I love Astley. Astley is cool. And, Astley treats Zara way better than Nick does. Nick is really boring, and he's kinda a SOB. But enough of that for now.

The writing seemed to have matured a bit, so the book was more likable than the rest. It was a lot less lame (mostly due to Nick's absence), and the character Astley, brought a more serious and real feel to it.

To the point: I love Astley. Astley is one of my favorites. He brings out something in Zara that makes her a bit less stupid, which is good, because her being around Nick just makes her more stupid.

I was so mad when Mrs. Nix died. I really liked her, because she was really sweet. I think the deaths of innocent people also brought a serious feel, like it made Zara realize it's no longer some simple world with some pixie problems; it's full on war.

So basically, Zara matures a lot more in this book, and I think Astley has a positive influence on her. The book is a huge improvement over Need and Captivate.

So 4 stars for this book. Pretty legit, a lot better than the rest. And, I just wanna say this now, if Zara doesn't end up with Astley, I will be seriously mad.


- Mannytee

View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment

We love hearing from y'all! Loved the review, liked the review or hated the review? Leave us a comment! Tell us what you would like to see and what you don't. Thanks you for spending time on our blog! Have a wonderful day!