Zero Alternative by Luca Pesaro (Jasper's Review)

*I was provided with a free copy of this book through Goodreads
DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR AND GO GET THIS BOOK NOW. IT WAS AMAZING! A. M. A. Z. I. N. G.


Click here for Amazon Kindle
Zero Alternative by Luca Pesaro

OK, so what is this book about?

This book is an exciting thriller, crime and mystery novel. A little mix of James Bond action and 'Bonnie and Clyde' -esque romance. This book follows the adventure of the ex-Banker Scott "Yours" Walker and his quirky and funny Spanish stripper, mercenary, spy, tech geek, sidekick Layla.
When the new elections in Italy come around, the financial state of the whole world could be ruined if the wrong man is elected. 4 weeks before this election, a software name DeepOmega predicts the outcome, correctly down to the percent. All is good until it's creator, DM, is tortured and killed. Leaving only one person that could have a chance of accessing this software; Walker.
Chased across Europe by a murderous criminal, Walker must make sure the software doesn't fall into the wrong hands. Can he succeed?




The Review

Characters

The characters in this book are relatively realistic. Who am I kidding? They were almost walk off the page believable! That's what made me love this book so much. Luca manages to create such realistic characters in Walker and Layla. I swear, I was screaming at Walker for more than half the book! The way that Luca manages to entwine them in a web of love without making this book become chick-lit astounds me. Believe me, when you read this book you will understand what I mean.

Plot

The plot in this book was well written. It was not rushed at any point in the book, Luca always manages to keep it at a pace where the reader is still interested but slow enough so we don't have to flip back a couple pages to remember who the heck Pinaar is and what the heck he had to do with the story (a lot.) I am glad that the ending for this book was mostly conclusive instead of a sloppily written chapter tacked onto the end. I myself was a little disappointed with the outcome of the book but C'est la vie!

The Verdict.

I give this book a 4.5/5 because while this book is awesome and everything, the repetitive killing gets a little... Repetitive. Do not read this book if you have a weak stomach! Read this book when you're in a mood for something a little more than the traditional love story.


2 comments :

  1. This book sounds so interesting - you've definitely convinced me to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Glad I could introduce you to this book.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from y'all! Loved the review, liked the review or hated the review? Leave us a comment! Tell us what you would like to see and what you don't. Thanks you for spending time on our blog! Have a wonderful day!