Need by Carrie Jones (Manali's Review)

Need (Need, #1)Need by Carrie Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

*WARNING SPOILERS*

Okay. So this is my second proper review. Please excuse the bad-ness of this one as well. I'm reviewing this book almost 2 months after I read it, only because I'm going to review the next one, and it won't feel right in my head if I don't do both. I call myself OCD.

So this is the synopsis for the book:

Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.

She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.


Alright. Let's get to the point. I didn't hate this book, I didn't love it. It I could give it 3.5 stars I would. But I can't. SO I rounded it to 4 stars. I found the synopsis pretty okay, but it sounds a tiny bit typical. "After her stepfather died" is very typical.

The writing was the real problem for me. The plot was legit at best, but the writing...I find the writing of this author a bit immature. And the love story especially, is very lame.The attempt at humor didn't work for me. It just made everything so much more immature. And everything was so cheesy.

Also, the author made the story quite predictable. I mean, it was so obvious the Megan was a pixie. Ian was a bit more unexpected, but not by much. I mean, in a story like this, it's like, whoever she chooses is gonna be the good guy, and the other one is the bad guy. So again, predictable. And then, when Zara finds dog fur in Nick's car, I was just like, "He's a werewolf. He's a werewolf. N doubt about it." And then Nick shows up at her door as a wolf, and all I could think about was how even then, Zara was too stupid to notice it.

So in general, I didn't like this book very much. I rate it 3.5 stars out of 5. It wasn't great, it wasn't horrible. It just was.

- Mannytee

View all my reviews

Need (Need, #1)

No comments :

Post a Comment

We love hearing from y'all! Loved the review, liked the review or hated the review? Leave us a comment! Tell us what you would like to see and what you don't. Thanks you for spending time on our blog! Have a wonderful day!