Crossed by Ally Condie (Manali's Review)

Crossed (Matched, #2)Crossed by Ally Condie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

*WARNING: SPOILERS*

So Matched was the first book in this series, and it wasn't that great, so I wasn't overly enthusiastic about reading this book. But then my OCD kicked in, and kind of forced me to read this, because I had read the first, so I had to finish the series. So I read it.

Synopsis:

"The Society chooses everything.

The books you read.
The music you listen to.
The person you love.

Yet for Cassia the rules have changed. Ky has been taken and she will sacrifice everything to find him.

And when Cassia discovers Ky has escaped to the wild frontiers beyond the Society there is hope.

But on the edge of society nothing is as it seems...

A rebellion is rising.

And a tangled web of lies and double-crosses could destroy everything."



I was really glad that Ky got taken away. I was sick with Ky and Cassia's slow-going relationship. But then Cassia gets moved to Keya. Obviously she's gonna go and try to find him. I actually preferred that it was told in both Ky and Cassia's perspectives. You can see what's happening in both of their situations - Cassia, in the camp, and hunting for Ky in the Carving with Indie (who is my new favorite character), and Ky, who is...acting as a decoy/wandering the carving. Even though I don't like the plot, I have to say it was better than that of Matched.

So the characters. Indie, as I already said, is my favourite. She's tough, smart, and most of all, independent. She's not someone that let's herself get told what to do, and she's not someone who really relies on someone. I'm just gonna say something sorta deep here: she was in need of a friend. Next, Vick. I didn't like him much, but I liked him better than Ky and Cassia, so I was sad-ish when he died. Next, Eli: I love how Eli reminded Ky of Bram, which was really sweet. And I like Eli's attitude; he's really stubborn. Next: Hunter. Hunter is...interesting. He's like a tough, sensitive guy. He's a farmer, one of the guys who loved outside the Society, so obviously, he hunts. But when he was burying his daughter, and carving the poetry...it was really sweet. Ky and Cassia...I just hated them more than I did in the first book.

I liked that the setting was mostly outside the Society. Actually, it was really against the Society. Like Cassia's goal was to find Ky, and bring him to the Rising, the anti-Society rebellion group. This book, I guess, really kicked off the revolution; the main character going against her 'government' of sorts, means something drastic is going to happen.

So this book was better in some parts...but worse in others. I don't really know what to do, so I'm just going to give it the same rating. 3 stars.

-Mannytee

View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment

We love hearing from y'all! Loved the review, liked the review or hated the review? Leave us a comment! Tell us what you would like to see and what you don't. Thanks you for spending time on our blog! Have a wonderful day!