Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi (Manali's Review)

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*WARNING SPOILERS*

I'm not going to bother with my little commentary at the beginning. I'm just gonna get right to the review.

It's been months since Aria learned of her mother's death.

Months since Perry became Blood Lord of the Tides, and months since Aria last saw him.

Now Aria and Perry are about to be reunited. It's a moment they've been longing for with countless expectations. And it's a moment that lives up to all of them. At least, at first.

Then it slips away. The Tides don't take kindly to former Dwellers like Aria. And the tribe is swirling out of Perry's control. With the Aether storms worsening every day, the only remaining hope for peace and safety is the Still Blue. But does this haven truly exist?

Threatened by false friends and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?




Let me just start by saying that this was a huge improvement from the first book. I found that Under the Never Sky was really boring at the beginning, and maintained it's boring-ness until the last 100-or-so pages. Originally, I did not want to pick up this book, because I really didn't like the first one. But I'm glad I read this, because it was absolutely brilliant. This book was so much better. This is probably because in the last books, the characters were all set up, and now it was time to get into the action and drama and all that stuff that makes a book good.

Second - Perry and Aria are so cute. There was so much fighting between them, but I think that makes them so much better. Every time one of them did something cute, I was just like

description

I mean just....awwwwwwwwnnnnnn.

I found the cover beautiful. I think I like it more than the cover for Under the Never Sky if not as much.

Back to the main point: I feel like the author did a much better job with this than with the first book. I feel like in the first book, too much time was wasted on how much Dwellers and Outsiders hated each other, and how different the worlds were, rather than focusing on the problem. But in this book, after everything was set up in the previous book, the plot became more focused. Also, Liv was just totally bad-ass...and I got really mad that she died. No happy ending for Liv and Roar.

description

But I can't wait to pick up Into the Still Blue.

- Mannytee

View all my reviews

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)

1 comment :

  1. I read this book way back in September of last year, and really enjoyed it and I still haven't picked up the last book. I'm going to try to read that this summer, but I'm not sure that that's going to happen.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from y'all! Loved the review, liked the review or hated the review? Leave us a comment! Tell us what you would like to see and what you don't. Thanks you for spending time on our blog! Have a wonderful day!