Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (Manali's Review)

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

*WARNING SPOILERS*

Hello again. I know I haven't posted a review in a while, and this is because I went on a two month reading break, during which I just couldn't pick up a book and read, because I couldn't focus and stay interested and so on. So I just stopped reading. But I'm glad to say, that I'm back into it. Now, this isn't one of the three books I read in this past week, I actually read this back in May. Actually, one of the books I read this week was the sequel to this book, Through the Ever Night, and I couldn't post the review without posting this one, this being the first book. I was feeling a bit OCD. So here's my review.

Since she'd been on the outside, she'd survived an Aether storm, she'd had a knife held to her throat, and she'd seen men murdered.

This was worse.

Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland--known as The Death Shop--are slim. If the cannibals don't get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She's been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He's wild--a savage--and her only hope of staying alive.

A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile--everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria's help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.




Oh my god. I really didn't like this book. It was written very well, but it was too boring more me. It was so descriptive; it focused on every single detail of everything, which would be okay, but it got to the point where it was no longer focusing on the big picture.

Second, and this is along the same lines as my previous comment, I felt like Aria and Perry payed to much attention to what was wrong with each other, and their differences, and the differences between their worlds, once again not focusing on the problem. It seemed like the author was too caught up in setting these two up. There was too much character development, and while character development is good, we still need some plot development. And for me, there wasn't some real plot until the last 100-or-so pages. I felt like the beginning of the book was a bit of a waste of time, and it kind of turned me off from the series, because at that point, I assumed that the rest of the books would be the same.

Once it got into it, though, the book was brilliant. I think Aether is cool. And Cinder is cool. And I wish someone would die already.

I was just waiting for someone to die like
description

My god. I didn't like this book for the most part. Too boring, too slow. But I think the ending salvaged the whole thing a bit. But the end is making me feel a bit more optimistic about the following books.

-Mannytee

View all my reviews

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)

No comments :

Post a Comment

We love hearing from y'all! Loved the review, liked the review or hated the review? Leave us a comment! Tell us what you would like to see and what you don't. Thanks you for spending time on our blog! Have a wonderful day!