Notebook Confessions | Madness Mondays #4

Two weeks ago, I did a Madness Mondays post called My New Notebook. In that post, I said, and I quote, "I've decided to use it as my everything notebook."

As of this week, that's a lie. It is no longer my everything notebook. It is no longer my newest notebook.

Confession: I got a new notebook.

Confession #2: Confession #1 is a lie. I got two notebooks.

So if y'all have read the My New Notebook post, you'll know that a few weeks ago, I grabbed one of my old notebooks and tore out the old pages. I from then on used it as my everything notebook, full of stuff from schedules, to to-do lists, to random thoughts and ideas to TBR lists. But now, I found another identical notebook (different colour; it's a green one, the first one was blue), tore out all the pages, and began using it. I also found an small, old black notebook from about five years ago, tore out the used pages, and started using that as well.

So the new plan is, in attempt to prevent further atrocious reviews, such as the Into the Still Blue one, I've decided to, as I read a book, take notes in the notebook and flag pages. As for the black one, that's for books I am currently going through at school (Red Maple 2015). So now, I'm gonna carry around books with a bunch of sticky notes in them, and three notebooks. 

But basically, the plan is to write down every thought that comes to me while reading the book. Critiquing wise. If I find something wrong with the book, I'll write it down. If I find something really good that's worth noting, I'll write it down.

Now here's the big question: Am I getting rid of the old notebook?

Answer?

For two reasons; 1, because it has loads of important stuff in there, and 2, because there are a lot of empty pages left, and it would bother me to leave them like that.

Big question #2: Why don't you just do the note-taking in the first notebook?

I imagine that the note-taking is going to take up the whole notebook. For one thing, it's a pretty small notebook; it has a lot of pages, but it's dimensions are about half the size of regular notebooks. But really, even though I don't write very huge or anything, I'm likely going to have a lot to say. I'll end up filling out the old notebook within ten books, not to mention the pages taken up by it's regular contents. Plus, as I'm reading books for school and my own books at the same time, I don't want to keep alternating pages for different books. 

So yeah. I'll get a bigger or thicker notebook as soon as I'm through with these ones. Well, I'll get two. This is because when I'm writing down my notes, I want them to be in order, like, on consecutive pages. I don't want to have notes written on one page, have some little to-do list or random idea that popped into my head written down on the next, and then my book notes written down on the page after that. Or I don't want a sentence interrupted by something else I had to write down. So two notebooks are good. Perfect, uninterrupted notes. 

Aaaaannndddd some side notes:

1. I went to Walmart yesterday and got this big pack of flag things. Awesome.

2. TBR updates:

 Hey, Let's Make a Band!: The Official 5SOS Book by 5 Seconds of Summer
✓ Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
✓ A Million Suns by Beth Revis
✓ Shades of Earth by Beth Revis
✓ Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
 Once by Anna Carey
 Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
 Everyday by David Levithan
 Fallen by Lauren Kate


February TBR:

White Cat by Holly Black
Red Glove by Holly Black
Black Heart by Holly Black
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
- Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
- Altered by Gennifer Albin
- Unraveled by Gennifer Albin

(I bumped a lot of books up to January, which means that there are likely going to be a few books getting bumped up to February . . . we'll see.)
March TBR:

- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
- Waterfall by Lauren Kate
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

April is still blank. But I've got plans for April. I really want to start doing the Throwback Thursday stuff. But yeah. 


- Manny


1 comment :

  1. It can be very difficult to plan everything.
    I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from y'all! Loved the review, liked the review or hated the review? Leave us a comment! Tell us what you would like to see and what you don't. Thanks you for spending time on our blog! Have a wonderful day!